Friday, April 27, 2012

What's blooming

I had fulling intended to post something baking related but the garden just looks so beautiful this time of year! ; )

Here's what's blooming in my garden:

Peace is blooming in the Thomas backyard. ; )

Calla lilies are so elegant and easy to grow. I love these plants

This is the big azalea in full bloom. The heat will take it's toll fast on these delicate flowers. 

The purple flower is my lilac. I couldn't get closer  to it due to my enlarged belly. I bought this shrub about 3 years ago. They take about that long to bloom so this is the first year I have flowers. The scent of these, coupled with the orange blossoms behind it, is something like what paradise must smell like. My  copper-colored irises are also getting ready to bloom. they're my favorite.

This is the clematis that escaped its trellis. ; ) But doesn't it look pretty blooming with the geranium? This is my favorite geranium. It has delicate pink and blue flowers in the spring.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I'm tempted to put some clematis on our back fence.

    ReplyDelete