Monday, January 7, 2013

A Day in the Life: Chocolate, peanut butter cookies

My husband has a sweet tooth. That suites me just fine because I love to bake. It's one of those reasons we were made for each other. But not only does he have a sweet tooth, he appreciates my taking a recipe, deconstructing it and putting it back together in a completely different form.

The look of enjoyment on my husband's face is really all the inspiration I need. That he calls me a Sweet Genius doesn't hurt. Of course it is in his best interests that I continue baking but let's not go there. ; )

Take these cookies for instance (And note the awesome silicone baking sheets my husband bought me for Christmas. I'm honestly not sure how I baked without them...okay that's stretching it a little, but they make clean up so easy!)

Sorry, got sidetracked.



These cookies are from a lemon cookie recipe. Yup. I looked at the recipe and thought it would work with chocolate and then, as I was craving peanut butter, I poured in some Reeces Pieces and there you go. Divine. Oh, did I mention easy? As in it takes longer to bake then to whip together?

Yup.

Leave a comment if you want the recipe, I'll  gladly share.

2 comments:

  1. They sound yummy. I'd love to have the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole.

    It's so easy.

    One box chocolate cake mix

    1 TB vanilla

    2 Eggs

    1/3 c veg oil

    1 c pb chips or Reeces pb pieces

    Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, pb chips, and 1 T vanilla together. Dough will be stiff.
    Drop dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
    Bake at 350 F for 12-14 minutes.

    If you want a slightly sweeter cookie, sprinkle with powdered sugar while cookie is still warm.

    ReplyDelete