Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

New Years is almost synonymous with resolutions.

And it seems now is the time of year many of us make these.  I suppose it makes sense.  New Year, new beginning, fresh start.

res·o·lu·tion  (rz-lshn)
n.
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.

I've always leaned toward not making resolutions, especially this time of year, mainly because of the pressure to do so. I figure if you're going to do something, why wait? Just do it. But this year, I'm kinda leaning toward reaffirming some old resolutions that have softened somewhat.

For instance, I had started an exercise regime last summer. I lost twenty pounds and two sizes, but although I've only gained five pounds due to holiday indulgence, I haven't exercised in over a month. Maybe two. With all Christmas activities and illnesses I haven't found the resolve to get back on track. I resolve to start exercising every day.

With the exceptions of Facebook, I haven't blogged or been online. But I'm looking at 2 books coming out in the space of 2 months and I'm thinking this is something I need to make time to do at least once a week.

So I resolve to play a bit on Twitter.  

There are a dozen other things I'd like to resolve to do: Eat right, keep the house clean, spend more time writing, spend more time with my kids, spend more time on me, but then I'd fall into the pit of piling on so many resolutions that I can't hope to keep them all. There is only so much time you can spend until you move into the red.

So for me. That's it. Exercise, and twitter. Perhaps an odd combination.

How about you? Which side of the coin do you fall on? Do you have any resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment