Friday, November 16, 2012

Facts, Fantasy, Fun: Five facts


A recent post on Facebook about buttered tortillas led to a discussion about tortillas in general and how you can eat almost anything in a tortilla. Butter, meat, cheese, eggs... This of course made me ponder what I wouldn’t eat wrapped in a tortilla.

After thinking about it, I came up with five, okay, four things I would not eat on a tortilla. These, with a glaring exception, are things I would eat anyway.

Hot dogs
Fish
Chocolate
Doritos
Human flesh

Uh, a brief explanation for that last one:
Me to seventeen-year-old daughter. I’m trying to think of something I wouldn’t eat in a tortilla.
Her: Chocolate.
Me: Got that.
Her: Human flesh
Me: Thinking she plays too many video games. 

I asked my husband the same question. He loves hot dogs and fish in tortillas by the way, but he’d never eat mayonnaise on a tortilla. I didn’t even think of mayonnaise. But I guess I wouldn’t eat it anyway... I have eaten peanut butter and jelly tortillas. Don’t knock it. Butter and cinnamon sugar...serious yum.

So my question to you. What wouldn’t you eat in a tortilla?



1 comment:

  1. I love pretty much anything in a tortilla. Tortilla dogs are yummy, especially with cheese. Mmmmmm. :) I probably wouldn't put spaghetti in a tortilla (though my husband says he would...eww!). Or raw fresh fruit by itself. Like an orange segment or a crunchy apple slice wrapped in a tortilla? That doesn't sound good to me at all. I also wouldn't put Jell-o in a tortilla. Or cereal, hot or cold. I can't imagine dry Cheerios or squishy oatmeal being good wrapped up.

    PBJ in a tortilla is a great idea! I might make that for the little guy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete