Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter!



It seems to me that holidays come faster and faster every year. They just seem to sneak up on me each time. After Christmas, Valentines and St. Patrick just jumped up at me before I’d begun to feel prepared, I swore I’d be ready for Easter.

And you know what? I think maybe I am.

Every Easter I have a big brunch at my house. Most of you know I love to bake and cook. So I put out a spread! This is from 2010. Let me tell you, it 's grown since then! I spend most of the day before doing all the prep work so I don’t have to get up early the day of the brunch. Being lazy is easy when you plan. ; )

The kids open their Easter baskets before the brunch then set up the tables. People trickle in and out, stay and leave. We eat, the kids have an Easter egg hunt, we eat, so more, drink mimosas, eat, play baseball and have a lot of fun. It’s actually turning into one of the most laid back, relaxing holidays of the year.  I’m not saying it’s the Mimosas, but I’m not saying it’s not either.

To top it all off, my flowers usually look pretty darn good too.The "big" kids always team up with the littler kids to find Easter Eggs...it's only fair (and gives us a good excuse to participate.)

I’m not sure it will ever top Christmas for my favorite holiday, but it’s getting close.  



We invite friends, family. It’s pretty much come as you are.  We’re celebrating on Saturday this year so if you’re in the neighborhood, stop on by!



Do you have a favorite holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment