Friday, March 8, 2013

Facts, Fantasy, Fun


In a perfect world, my house would always be clean. I suppose either I’d have a live-in maid or have trained my kids much better than I apparently did to not only leave a room cleaner than when they entered it but do so with smiles on their little faces.

I’d have at least two hours to prep and cook dinner every day. It’s crazy how little time I have to cook. And I love to cook. Baking? Well, I’d have one day a week to just bake. Cakes, cookies, pies, pastries, you name it. The more elaborate the better. Hmmm with all that I’d better have at least 30 minutes a day to exercise.

I’d be able to spend quality time with each of my kids, individually and together. I’d have  time to play with them, laugh with them.

I’d have four solid hours to write every day. Oh, that may not sound like much, but when you consider I get about a quarter of that each day now, it sounds like an extravagant amount of time.

Promo would come easy. I hate talking about myself. And although I really think you’d love my book, it is such a part of me, it feels like talking about myself. Come to think of it. I think you’d really like me too if you got to know me so there you go.

I’d have a fresh bouquet of flowers for my kitchen table every week—preferably from my large cut flower garden. Yup, gardening is a close second to baking. It would only take me two hours a week or so to maintain a garden... It seems crazy that I just can’t seem to carve that out.

I would always be dressed and have my hair and makeup done every day before 9 am. ROFL... yup. It’s a good thing I can work in my pjs most days.

I’d have time to sit and listen to my husband every day. I’ve discovered that listening to him is more important than talking to him.

Well, my life is not perfect, but then if I switch things around and look at everything from another angle, I can see my life is full to overflowing of wonder, love and joy...even if the laundry sits on the couch and the dishes are still in the sink, and the flowers stay on the rose bush among the weeds, and even if I can’t get it all done in one day.

It is a perfect world, because it's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment